SHARE


Christmas trees, candles and sparkling lights make the holiday bright, but without caution they could also turn into serious fire hazards, according to a news release from the Washington State Fire Marshal’s Office. 

“For your safety and the safety of your family, make sure you have working smoke alarms inside and outside all sleeping areas and on every level of your home,” according to the Fire Marshal’s Office. “Be fire smart as you deck the halls this season.”

Christmas trees should be tested for freshness when purchased and should be watered regularly. They should also be placed at least 3 feet away from heat sources. 

Holiday lights should be inspected before being hung. A maximum of three strands should be plugged together and they should be turned off when you’re not home. 

Decorations should be nonflammable or flame retardant, and candles should not be left unattended. 



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here